Still looking for 7/8 rope gasket for my hampton...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burntime

Aug 18, 2006
C'mon hunting season!
I have only found either a roll for 125, wayyyyy more then I need! Or hampton wants like 75 bucks thru the dealer for 6 or 7 foot of it...what a racket! Anyone have an idea? Ace hardware and the local hearth shops do not have it. The outside wood burners sell it but only by the roll...

I just ordered a gasket kit for a customer that has a h300, and it was like $45, included cement. Still high, but not $75!
McGucks in boulder should have some 7/8 is a 9' bag for $7.99. Call them to confirm amount. They will ship it to you.
303-443-1822

might have it on there website too.. www.mcguckin.com

I'm tempted to move up to 7/8 rope if I cannot get the OEM stuff for my stove. The 5/8 Rutland I got at Menards is too soft. I'm thinking if I stretch the 7/8, it will get thinner and harder.

The OEM rope lasted 10 years with periodic door adjustments to compensate for wear. When I put the Rutland stuff in, I was expecting to back off the adjustments but no, it's still bottomed out so there is no adjustment left.

I ordered 2 kits and shipping, under 19 bucks delivered to my door! Thanks MSG!

Amazing it went from 75ish dollars and I had to pick it up to TWO kits delivered for 18.90 Of course that did not include the cement, but I have some. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.