still looking for any alaskan gassers?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call Econoburn and ask them. I remember them telling me there was a guy that had huge storage set up. I think it might have been 10,000 gallons. It was in Alaska somewhere. I know that is like a needle in a haystack but it is only a phone call.

gg

You can try Pauls's Mechanical Contracting. I think he is in Fairbanks. If I'm not mistaken he has sold some Atmos gassers, not sure to what area. Randy

I emailed Mark at Econoburn I will let you know if I hear anything.

gg

Hi Stihlwoody
If you happen to be driving down the Alaska Highway,i'm in Haines Jct,Give me a call and you can stop and look at mine.
Thomas

Hi Stihlwoody,

I love my Central Boiler outside gasser. They have some videos on youtube. The install wasn't hard. I did it myself.

Thanks for the responses, I am calling manufactures but am still gathering info...Still dealing with insurance, started the clean up, inventory lists, etc. Long road in front of me this spring. I really was looking forward to some black bear hunting but might be standing trusses instead.
Steve

Ahh man your killing me... There must be some way to stand those trusses after bear season!

stihlwoody said:
I am in Wasilla and would like to get a first hand look at successful gasser install!
Thanks
Steve

Looks like your a long way from any gassers.
bogydave - So Cent Alaska - 50 miles away.
salecker- Haines Junction Yukon 576 miles away - Econoburn 200 with storage.
onfoot - Whitehorse Yukon 672 miles away- Tarm solo with storage.

Seeing a unit in action ,very often much more informative than the brochure.

Sorry to see your loss!

hobbyheater said:
stihlwoody said:
I am in Wasilla and would like to get a first hand look at successful gasser install!
Thanks
Steve

Looks like your a long way from any gassers.
bogydave - So Cent Alaska - 50 miles away.
salecker- Haines Junction Yukon 576 miles away - Econoburn 200 with storage.
onfoot - Whitehorse Yukon 672 miles away- Tarm solo with storage.

Hey Steve. I am the Onfoot guy in Whitehorse, currently using a Tarm Solo Plus 40 with 850 gallons storage. Would be very happy to give a tour if you find your way down the Alaskan Highway. We are totally off-grid, too, with 4090 kW of solar and 2.5 kW wind turbine. Also have an 88 tube Apricus solar heat array (for summer DHW).

FYI, I plan to upgrade my wood boiler system this summer. Having added 1200 sq ft of heated space, the 140k BTUs of my Tarm struggles to keep up during the main winter months, plus I want a larger firebox and a larger storage tank. So I will be selling the Tarm and the heatsink. I am thinking US$3500 would be a fair price. The system is 9 winters old, working well and in very good condition so far as I can judge (firebricks, gaskets, etc.).

(Happy to benefit from wisdom of forum re. price for the Tarm.)

Barrett (aka Onfoot)

Status
Not open for further replies.