Still some pellets in northern MD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crausch

Aug 26, 2008
Littlestown, PA
I saw an advertisment in a newspaper that a hard wood flooring place in Westminster, MD had pellets. I decided to check it out. I first stopped in a place on the way just a couple of blocks from the flooring place. They wanted $340/ton and $8/bag. I don't remember the brand. I continued on to the flooring place. $299/ton and $5.75/bag. They had the Statesman "Hardwood Heat" by Southern States. I wasn't sure how they burned so I picked up about 10 bags to try this year.

I was just glad to see some vendors still had pellets. They even had a big banner on the side of their building that said "Wood Pellets available". I know $299/tn isn't anything great but given the shortages I didn't think that was too bad. If they burn good, I am going to check them out in the Spring and see what they are charging.

I'm also in south central pa. if you are in need of pellets buchmyers pool in york got a truck load last week and said they are getting 2 truck loads the first week of nov. they are ironstone mills brand. picked up 2 tons and trying them now. $279.00 ton.

I had not heard of those before. I be up in York today as a matter of fact. Going to "Smokey Bones" :)

Let me know how they burn? Maybe I'll run back to York again next week. That's not a bad price this far into the season giving the situation.

Thanks for the info.!

BJ's in CampHill has Penningiton (sp?) Pellets for 250.00 a ton...and also Lowes and Home Depot on the Carlisle Pike had the same brand for 300.00. This was 2 weeks ago. All were well stocked.

Wertz Coal in Mechanicsburg has 2 different types: Turnam hardwood and Allengany Wood Pellet for 250.00 a ton. This too was 2 weeks ago.

I just got at an Ace Hardware in Dillsburg last weekend for 250.00 a ton. They were Lignectics. They only get 2 tons at a time....and they go fast! All Ace's seem to be carrying pellets.

No shortage here. Lots of talk just to raise the price but they appear to be at alot of places.

Status
Not open for further replies.