Stocking the wood shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
Started loading up the wood shed today. 1 cord in. 2 more to go. Alimanac says its going to be a bad winter.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great ! almost looks like its up in your attic but the wagon would be tough to pull up a ladder ..;lol What kinda wood oak and maple ?

Looks great ! almost looks like its up in your attic but the wagon would be tough to pull up a ladder ..;lol What kinda wood oak and maple ?
Mostly 3 year old White and Red oak. Some other stuff mixed in.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like some nice wood Chief. Seasoned red and white oak. That's going to be nice for our "Freezing" winter.:)

Reactions: tfdchief
Nice work - Hoping for some decent snows.

Lookin' good! :cool:
I was close to your place recently on a trip out of town. I shoulda got a hold of you....I will always stop to see White Oak! ==c

Great looking shed. Wood ain't too bad lookin' either! Good idea adding the date on a split.

Looking good there, one day I'll get a shed to do that too.

Hey!!! That's a good idea. Put one nice split into the middle of my pallet..

Put a date spilt into the end with a wood burner. Better than paint or marker.. won't fade.

Nice job chief. That's always a good feeling to see your shed full of seasoned wood. A full shed of well dried oak is a dream for me.

Hey!!! That's a good idea. Put one nice split into the middle of my pallet..

Put a date spilt into the end with a wood burner. Better than paint or marker.. won't fade.
Glad you pointed that out. For a minute there, I thought TFD dated and specied each split :p

Looking Great Chief
Serious amount of BTUs in there ;)

If I could I'd bar code each split & keep a record of it all the way to the stove LOL :)

Nice work there chief! When you get done let me know and I will have the coffee ready for you, or beer, whatever you like, when you get here to help me with mine. !!!

Thanks for all the nice replys. But I know you guys are all doing the same. I just like to share the fruits of my labor with those who appreciate it the same ad me. Winter's coming;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Funny Steve that today I stacked a little more wood and started wondering why I wasn't moving wood into the barn. May have to do that soon. You beat me again.

Funny Steve that today I stacked a little more wood and started wondering why I wasn't moving wood into the barn. May have to do that soon. You beat me again.
Oh, I have a long way to go. Just thought I would get started. Next several weeks are really busy and I won't get much done. That puts me into October and I start getting nervous about then if the wood shed isn't full. ;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Same here Steve. The tractor is one the fritz again, and the weather is starting to get rainy. I wanted to have the shed full by the end of Aug., but that didn't happen.
Too early (June) last year, and late this year. Hmmmm.

I cut this wood 5 months before my accident. I wasn't sure I would ever be able to cut again. So this wood is kind of special. But the January 2012 wood is going to hold a really special place in my heart when I burn it next year because that wood was cut after my accident, although with a lot of help from my son.

I still like the pic of your grandson giving us the finger in front of your woodshed . . . well that's what it looks like to me . . . I know, I know . . . you have assured us he was simply waving or something like that . . . for some odd reason I find the pic quite funny.

I still like the pic of your grandson giving us the finger in front of your woodshed . . . well that's what it looks like to me . . . I know, I know . . . you have assured us he was simply waving or something like that . . . for some odd reason I find the pic quite funny.

No way. ;lol I didn't see that. Share?

Status
Not open for further replies.