Stone Chimney on CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think the rubble market is real high right now.

Ya, seems a lot of money to get stoned. Wonder if they numbered the blocks as they took it apart.

Maybe they numbered the blocks...definitely would be nice if they did. If I were closer I might be interested but I'm not interested in hauling that much rock 300 miles.<argh>

But, if you have the time and place it would be rather nice....

cabinfireplaceMedium.jpg

cabinfpoutsideMedium.jpg

That big lintel rock actually had cuttings on the lower inside that rounded the breast off a bit (came out of an old plantation house)....a primitive attempt at a rumford breast? We ended up building the breast up a little and rounding it off smooth on the inside. Classic rumford specs. That sucker will pull your hat off your head if you sit too close to it. A work in (slooowww) progress...

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.