Stone Valley Trail

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Just a few pictures taken by my wife from a walk on the Stone Valley Trail in Colton New York.

zap

Attachments

• DSC02076.jpg
    DSC02076.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 382
  • DSC02078.jpg
    DSC02078.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC02079.jpg
    DSC02079.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 366
Nice pictures. That is a really cool area. It has been a few years ,we used to kayak the falls/rapids during low-medium water. It was a pretty wild ride. Spring high water was for a select few(nuts).

Nice pictures zap. Is that the same stream that runs past your place?

NCountry, they have a fall kayak event, I never went but a guy almost drowned this year.

Sav, no. That is part of the Raquette River which the brook runs into.

zap

zapny said:
NCountry, they have a fall kayak event, I never went but a guy almost drowned this year.

Sav, no. That is part of the Raquette River which the brook runs into.

zap

Yea, my daughter and I made it down to watch some of them run the rapids. There were people from all over the northeast .I talked to a couple of guys who made the trip up from Virginia.

Cool pics ZAP. Thanks for sharing. The wife is a good photographer.

Very pretty pics.

Beautiful Zap

Billy

Status
Not open for further replies.