Stopping in to say hello

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Northern NH Mike

Feeling the Heat
Nov 2, 2008
Northern NH
I don't get in as much as I did in the past, but with the weather finally turning colder and starting my first few fires I wanted to wish all well.

My VC continues to keep us warm. We're burning some maple right now that came down a year ago. Small rounds from the branches took take the chill and damp off.

Still enjoy a Friday evening with the stove going, my wife on the couch reading, the dog camped out in front of the stove and me with an Old Fashioned.

Enjoy the season.

Still enjoy a Friday evening with the stove going, my wife on the couch reading, the dog camped out in front of the stove and me with an Old Fashioned.
Welcome back. Did the dog get an old fashioned too? :cool:

...would that be a whiskey Old Fashioned or an official cocktail of Wisconsin, Brandy Old Fashioned?
Prost!

...would that be a whiskey Old Fashioned or an official cocktail of Wisconsin, Brandy Old Fashioned?
Prost!
James I am a rye man myself. I just recently heard about the Wisconsin Old Fashioned in a book I was reading. I'm game for giving it a go.

Reactions: JamesGuido
James I am a rye man myself. I just recently heard about the Wisconsin Old Fashioned in a book I was reading. I'm game for giving it a go.
if you're ever in the area, Ishnala Supper Club near the Dells in Wisconsin makes the best Brandy Old Fashioned (in my opinion)

IshnalaOldFashioned.png

Reactions: Northern NH Mike
if you're ever in the area, Ishnala Supper Club near the Dells in Wisconsin makes the best Brandy Old Fashioned (in my opinion)

View attachment 284974
My wife actually makes the best brandy old fashioned sweet. I'm more a beer drinker, myself, but when she makes and old fashioned I'll have one. I think it's all in the cherries.

1636669482441.png

I'm having a bourbon old fashioned right now. I will have to try the Wisconsin version. Is Korbel the best brandy for those ignorant of brandies?
actually, Korbel IS Wisconsin's choice brandy.

Reactions: clancey