Storage bin for the Harman PB-105

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Centurion

Nov 27, 2008
Nr Albany, NY
Is there anyone out there who is using the storage bin with the auger for the PB-105? I'm really just looking for the measurements but any info would be great. BTW, this is the bin sold by Harman.

Thanks

I think that someone is using the bin from Harman. I don't remember just who it was, but there was talk about it in one of the threads. I don't use one, I thought that they are quite pricey. Be patient and someone who uses one should be on.

Thanks for the info guys. Yes it is very expensive and I can't understand why. Not very big....maybe it is because of the auger and switching components. It would be nice to leave the house for a couple of days without switching back to oil but that is the most practical solution.

I wouldn't leave my pellet boiler to its own for days at a time -- my NG boiler is always ready to pick up the load if the primary loop goes cold.

I certainly can't argue with that logic Sting. About 25 years ago at my home in Vermont my wife and I went away for a week in Jan and the hot air furnace decided to come on and not shut off. Luckily for me I had made arrangements for my neighbor to stop in once a day to check on things and he probably saved the house. I had candles at the far end of the house away from the furnace that had melted flat accross the dresser drawer Also cracked a number of window glass panes. But anyway, good point and I never leave home, winter or summer without having someone check things twice a day. It is great to have good neighbors!

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.