storage for pellets or corn?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike in ct

Sep 18, 2008
nw ct
i still have not been able to get my hands on any pellets. hd,tsc, and agway get a shipment and they are gone by end of day. no waiting lists, or any idea when they are getting another load pretty much makes it pure luck on getting any. if all else fails i'm hoping to drive 1 1/2 hours month end to get some corn in mass. sooooo , to my question, i was thinking of putting whatever i get under my deck on pallets with maybe some plywood wrapped in plastic, as well as plastic around pellets. was hoping to get some feedback on if this will be ok or not?

I guess the bottom line is that you have to keep then as dry as possible. Does the area under your deck get wet, and/or stay wet for long periods? If you keep them up off the ground w/ the pallets, wrapped in plastic, and WELL wrapped in good quality tarp, I would think you'd be OK.

DO YOU THINK THE CORN WOULD BE LESS SUSEPTABLE TO MOISTURE THAN PELLETS ? I'M MOSTLY CONCERNED WITH MOISTURE. I CAN KEEP THE WATER OFF EM, CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT HUMIDITY?

Status
Not open for further replies.