Storage insulating?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakhillhounds

Feb 7, 2014
Maine
I know their have been some threads on here about insulating storage tanks but still not sure wich way to go, I will be building a box around my 500 gal tank, what's the best way to insulate it I like the idea of spray foam,or is the blown in cellulose the way to go, my tank will sit right up against my wall so it would be hard to get a spray gun behind it, any thoughts or ideas thanks!

I did both. Spray foam the tanks themselves. I think I slid a 1" foam board between tanks and wall. Then about 5" foam all around tanks and plumbing. Leave zip ties sticking out where the valves are.. In case you ever have to 'dig' them out.

Then boxed in that whole works... and filled with cellulose.

Status
Not open for further replies.