storage location

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forestrymike

Apr 2, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I am planning on purchasing an EKO boiler, and after much reading through this forum, I plan on adding storage. The only problem is that I don't have room in my house for the tank. I am planning pressurized storage, and am wondering if it will still work if I put it in my boiler shed which is roughly 100' from the house. Only about 30' of that is outside, the rest is run through my heated garage. Another option I am wondering about is putting the tank in my garage, which would only be about 40' away from my current DHW tank and boiler room. What would be best, to be near the boiler in the shed, or in the garage. Also, what would be the best way to connect and get my DHW from the pressurized storage? All the input is greatly appreciated!

forestrymike said:
I am planning on purchasing an EKO boiler, and after much reading through this forum, I plan on adding storage. The only problem is that I don't have room in my house for the tank. I am planning pressurized storage, and am wondering if it will still work if I put it in my boiler shed which is roughly 100' from the house. Only about 30' of that is outside, the rest is run through my heated garage. Another option I am wondering about is putting the tank in my garage, which would only be about 40' away from my current DHW tank and boiler room. What would be best, to be near the boiler in the shed, or in the garage. Also, what would be the best way to connect and get my DHW from the pressurized storage? All the input is greatly appreciated!

In general, storage wants to be as close as possible to the heat loads, especially intermittent loads like DHW.

Status
Not open for further replies.