Storage tank and boiler pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
Got my tanks ready to go. Welded stands and fittings yesterday. Getting closer !! Heres a picture of one by the boiler in the new uncomplete but allready in use shop.

Attachments

• tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 565
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 565
  • tank 3.jpg
    tank 3.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 533
The height is 10' 8" as is , but I still have to put a T on the fitting on top so it will be about 11' It's standing in a 12' doorway.

Good to see that these are going in upright. I would have widened the base some with 4, 1' pieces of flat iron comming out from the rim edge. Randy

woodsmaster said:
Got my tanks ready to go. Welded stands and fittings yesterday. Getting closer !! Heres a picture of one by the boiler in the new uncomplete but allready in use shop.

Do you have a fitting on the extreme bottom J.T. Are you plumbing them together with a manifold top and bottom?

Huff

Singed Eyebrows said:
Good to see that these are going in upright. I would have widened the base some with 4, 1' pieces of flat iron comming out from the rim edge. Randy

I was and still am considering widining the base or putting some legs on the perimiter of the tank. It did seem very stable though. I had the tank sitting on the rim crooked at first not being welded and a little slack
in the chain and it still seemed stable. the tank thats not in the picture has a slightly larger rim and Im not worried about that one very much.

huffdawg said:
woodsmaster said:

Do you have a fitting on the extreme bottom J.T. Are you plumbing them together with a manifold top and bottom?

Huff

The bottom fittings are the drains that were in the tanks allready. one tank the holesis about 14" up from the bottom and the other tank the hole is about 24" off the bottom. Still planing details on the plumbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.