storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckman44

Nov 30, 2008
central new york
Right now I have a 120 gallon storage tank hooked up. I am trying to figure out what kind of tank I can get for a decent price. i am looking to find a 500 gallon tank to make my eko more efficient and use less wood. i see they make plastic tanks but i know most of them cant hold hot water. Just trying to see what other people are using for stoage?

buckman44 said:
Right now I have a 120 gallon storage tank hooked up. I am trying to figure out what kind of tank I can get for a decent price. i am looking to find a 500 gallon tank to make my eko more efficient and use less wood. i see they make plastic tanks but i know most of them cant hold hot water. Just trying to see what other people are using for stoage?

There are a lot of threads on storage here. Do a quick search and you will find hours of reading. Mine is an open EPDM storage tank I built myself. You can see it on my webpage in my signature.

buckman44 said:

I have 140 gal storage, helps alot when all heating comes on at once. I found a 1100 gal pressure tank, quite reasonable $500, with a 250PSI and 650F rating on brass plate. I had been looking for months until I used "pressure tank" in my search. I then found many, some far to costly, but at least a choice. I also think larger is better, within limits I suppose.

Wish you luck!

Robby

WoodNotOil,

Where did you get a 30 plate HX for 200 bucks? I've been looking for one.

Where did you get a 30 plate HX for 200 bucks?

Search e-bay for "plate heat exchanger"

Status
Not open for further replies.