storage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Occo370

Jan 23, 2010
Jersey Shore
i have finally this year come into a fair amount of wood. I am trying to come up with a way to store my shorts and ugly pieces of wood. does anyone have any ideas to suggest..

A pallet bin? a pallet with welded pen wire as a perimeter. or 4 pallets squared off and a big ol heapin pile o uglies.

A nice thing about a Holtz Hauzen is that you can throw chunks in the middle hole. It will also be a great conversation piece.

We just throw them in a pile and burn those at this time of the year.

Dennis is spot on with his reply, they make heat first. dont sit around long enough to care about

Josh

GolfandWoodNut said:
A nice thing about a Holtz Hauzen is that you can throw chunks in the middle hole. It will also be a great conversation piece.

Ditto

btw, I actually store most of my shorts in the dresser drawer. Some goes into the dirty laundry too.

Backwoods Savage said:
btw, I actually store most of my shorts in the dresser drawer. Some goes into the dirty laundry too.

:) :) :) :) :)

1) Toss the punks, chunks and uglies on top of your normal stack . . . and if you have a tarp or anything covering the stacks you can use the punks, chunks and uglies as weight to hold the covering down.

2) Take Golfandwoodnut's advice . . . holz mietes are perfect for storing chunks and uglies . . . nice, large center hole for the outcasts . . . and the pretty wood is all on the outside where folks can see it.

3) Take Backwoods advice . . . well not his advice about his shorts being in the laundry . . . just toss them aside in a heap (I know some folks have built containers out of pallets or scrap wood) and burn them in the Fall and/or Spring . . . right now most of the wood I'm burning is punks, chunks and uglies . . . some of which was from my holz miete and some of which was just tossed aside in a heap.

My chunks and uglies go in the regular pile. On top, if they are seriously twisted. In the middle or on top, if I can make two short pieces (probably split) fill in the space of one regular piece. I just want it to dry so I can burn it. I can keep the pile from falling over wherever I stack the freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.