Storm aftermath

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riff

Burning Hunk
Nov 3, 2015
Virginia
Well benefit of that big snowstorm, folks looking to get rid of trees that came down. Picked up some maple yesterday, just got back with a load of oak and hickory. Saw a few folks out and about with beds and trailers full of scrounged wood.

20160131_151546.jpg

Get the good stuff when you can. ;)

Reactions: Riff
Nice, load up. Snow storm one week fifties the next what an odd winter.

Are you splitting the wood at the scrounge site? I usually move rounds so that I can make a lot of trips while the gettin' is good.

Are you splitting the wood at the scrounge site? I usually move rounds so that I can make a lot of trips while the gettin' is good.

No, the homeowner had these split in half so that he could get them into his wheelbarrow. Long story short the trees were down a steep hill that a previous person had gotten his 4x4 Ranger stuck on to the point of needing a tow out so the homeowner figured he'd rather have his lawn intact and stack the wood by the curb. Nice guy too, he came out and helped us load the truck.

I like free wood.....Even better when someone helps:p

Status
Not open for further replies.