Storm collar finally finished

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryansong

Dec 2, 2015
Independence, Mo.
For those that haven't read my post before I'll just mention that when I installed a new stove and chimney at my mothers house I used the wrong heat caulk on the storm shield. I used something from Lowe's that didn't work. When it rained there were a couple of dribble lines of rain that ran down the Black DVL and onto the stove. That rain had washed that caulk out.
This was something I had worried about because I though from the start I had the wrong stuff.
I had ordered several items from NorthLine Express already so I just called them up and ordered the correct Heat silicone caulk.

There is snow and ice here in Independence, Mo. but we've had a couple of days in the mid 30's and a lot of that had melted off of the roof so got right on it this afternoon. I had to take the collar off and chip off all of that bad caulk before I could apply the good stuff. All went well and I'm pretty confident we're now in business. Time, rain and snow will tell.

That's the update for you guys that have been helping me.
Thank you,

Bryan

Hopefully you have your problem cured. Picked up the wrong chalking when I did the bathroom... such a disappointment after going through the work of applying and keeping it neat around the tub and toilet. It's still on the to-do list as both fixtures need to be replaced along with the floor vinyl...

Reactions: bryansong
Hopefully you have your problem cured. Picked up the wrong chalking when I did the bathroom... such a disappointment after going through the work of applying and keeping it neat around the tub and toilet. It's still on the to-do list as both fixtures need to be replaced along with the floor vinyl...

Thank you, I think I might just have it right this time, I did use the correct stuff. It's supposed to rain later this week so we'll see.
Good luck on your bathroom.

Bryan

Reactions: Lake Girl
Good to hear.

Has the stove been used a bunch now? How is it working out running it and whatnot for your mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.