storm damage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood spliter

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, ny
Picked up some Locust and Maple from the last storm. Every thing was already cut to size.

Attachments

• pile.jpg
    pile.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 355
Its a very bad picture. Between the logs and splits I'm hoping 2-3. I'll update the picture when its split and stacked. And I tried to get my buddy to load his dump truck and bring it to me. I didn't want to push to much since he cut them to size for me. There is allot of trees down here from the storm. I just got a call that my Buddy's neighbor had a tree company cut an Apple and left the heavy wood by the road.

There is a lot of wood here down from the storm earlier this week.

I've been picking stuff up all over the place.

I embarrassed to say I have only split and stacked a cord of that wood. My kids are keeping me busy besides work. I'm going to do some work this weekend I hope and will post a picture after.

wood spliter said:
I embarrassed to say I have only split and stacked a cord of that wood. My kids are keeping me busy besides work. I'm going to do some work this weekend I hope and will post a picture after.

No reason to be embarrassed, life doesn't stop because we have wood to process! I work when I can and try not to take too much time away from the family.

wood spliter said:
Its a very bad picture. Between the logs and splits I'm hoping 2-3.

You're from NY so I have to ask if you mean face cord or real cord. NY seems similar to Michigan where a lot of people talk in face cords.

4*4*8. I stacked it on skids. I never really heard of face cords before this site. When I lived with my parents I just split wood the my father got. When I started doing tree work I never had to buy. Now I scrounge or get it from my old boss. So its always measured in full cords for me and I never pay for it. That first picture was really bad.

rdust said:
wood spliter said:

No reason to be embarrassed, life doesn't stop because we have wood to process! I work when I can and try not to take too much time away from the family.

Yeah, but he works like a horse!

Status
Not open for further replies.