Storm turns steak into cheese steaks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pen

There are some who call me...mod.
Staff member
Aug 2, 2007
N.E. Penna
Had a large steak to do on the grill tonight for the family but when I stopped work for lunch today I realized that grilling was out of the picture for this evening. Ate lunch, made up some bread dough, then put this together for dinner.

What cooking are you guys and gals doing?

pen

Attachments

• P7260014.JPG
    P7260014.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 95
  • P7260013.JPG
    P7260013.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 86
  • P7260012.JPG
    P7260012.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 92
  • P7260015.JPG
    P7260015.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 84
Second try on Margherita pizza last weekend and two Chicago deep dish pizzas.

IMG_0345.JPG

Last night was a grilled stuffed chicken breasts. Homemade parmesan breadcrumbs, fresh diced tomato, fresh mozzerella cheese, onion and garlic powder and olive oil for stuffing. No pics on that though.

Second try on Margherita pizza last weekend and two Chicago deep dish pizzas.

Last night was a grilled stuffed chicken breasts. Homemade parmesan breadcrumbs, fresh diced tomato, fresh mozzerella cheese, onion and garlic powder and olive oil for stuffing. No pics on that though.

Damn good looking pizza! I needed that oven of yours for my bread tonight! How much wood have you set aside a year for that beast?

That chicken sounds like a winner. Always looking for new chicken ideas as I tend to be least creative with that protein.

pen

The oven is not too big. Each firing takes less than a 5 gallon bucket. A bit of kindling to get it going and then two splits re-split to wrist thick pieces is all it takes. High temp cooking can go on as long as you add wood. Once high temp cooking is done, baking items like calzones and breads can go for about two hours. I keep thinking beef jerky with the residual heat that goes on for a few hours.

The chicken could use diced sauteed mushrooms next time.

Having a fire to cook on is a dream I will have in my next house. Thats so cool

Status
Not open for further replies.