Stormy week ahead, cold and snow coming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arg, we had that for a couple years here, use it or loose it, but then the Union and company reached an agreement that we could roll over up to 2 wks but it must be used by May 1st (Very reasonable)
I'm sorry about the family leave thing, I made a mistake and assumed that it was company wide for everyone, in NJ state law says that all companies need to provide family leave, basically its unemployment (state rate) but you keep your benefits and no penalties from the company. I'am also union IBEW 1289, (formally 1298) was a former union eboard officer, learned a ton about unions, contracts, working with management to find solutions / agreements.

We are local 270, we were able to roll over half or 80 hrs of our vacation every year till the last contract extension. No you have to use it or lose it. I just saved my vacation all year it's not the end of the world did the same thing three years ago. Everything isn't perfect but it's still a great job. Being a bricklayer for over 12 years has shown me how working at a place like this is a pretty good gig.

No we are both lineman for first energy he is in jersey I believe I'm in Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.