stove advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtmcgowan

Jan 13, 2010
atlanta area
I have a Waterford 100b. I have given up on the idea that it can somewhat heat my 1200 sq ft ranch home. The Heritage 2, I removed from my buddy's house, upon measuring will not fit . The ash pan will not clear the side wall. So now I am at impasse. Any advice? And if it involves a new stove, which one? I have looked at the jotuls f3 and f400.

Sounds like a stove with tight clearances would help with planning. Can you give us some more information about the house, the floorplan, the room the stove is going in and where?

Of the two stoves mentioned I would lean towards the F400. But the PE Alderlea T5 will provide longer burn times if that is important.

Our you might consider the Woodstock Fireview. It needs pretty good clearances but no ash pan to worry about and it would heat a 1200 sq. ft. very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.