Stove air temp??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Anybody ever try to get the temperature of the air blowing out of your pellet stove??

I have a Harman Accentra - I measure the temperature a lot because its taught me that when its clean, it burns much hotter. I give mine a good cleaning every 10-14 days. I think the air-flow is paramount. When clean I burn at 230-240'F and when its dirtier it is around 180'F.

350 ish. I checked it quickly once.

I have a Harman Accentra - I measure the temperature a lot because its taught me that when its clean, it burns much hotter. I give mine a good cleaning every 10-14 days. I think the air-flow is paramount. When clean I burn at 230-240'F and when its dirtier it is around 180'F.
Stove settings? Pellets you were burning?

MWP blend 218F
Okies 250F

I have a thermostat hooked to my Harman so the different heat output between the different pellet brands does not affect my actual room temp.

My reading on 7.

Attachments

• 20130121_193903.jpg
    20130121_193903.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: Thaddius Wenderoth
On heat range 9

Attachments

• 20130210_130445.jpg
    20130210_130445.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 243
Reactions: Thaddius Wenderoth
200 -240'ish on setting 4 of 5 with Vermont softwoods or some of the other high quality pellets. 180 on setting 3 of 5. I can get 180-200 with just about any pellet I've tried so far. It's very hard to measure with an IR gun as emmisivity of the surface (color and texture) affects the reading and you're not measuring the air temp, you're measuring the stove surface temp (plus some of what's behind the grating). I have been using a meat thermometer but my thermocouples should be here next week. Time to wire up this stove for some R&D.:cool:

This is reading surface temp. Not air temp.

Yeah. Surface temp is much more variable than Air.

I measure with a K-type thermocouple. I always do a 5 bag (or more run) all my Settings are always the same. Run on Low with feed gate wide open (Quad and Heatilator thing) and take an average.

That said, 220*-240* is a good average (depending on pellet)

280-300 degrees running Somersets and stove on power level #3 (medium):)

Status
Not open for further replies.