Stove and Chimney Pipe Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dorkweed

I may be over-thinking here, but I've got some questions.

The Supervent DSP and chimney pipe that I'm using are sitting in my garage now. Just waiting for a little bit cooler weather to puncture the roof and then finish the inside install with the telescoping DSP.

When running your stoves, the metal expands in the stove, stovepipe and chimney pipe..................How do y'all take that into account before installing your stovepipe and chimney pipe???? The longer the run, the more expansion/length you'll see. You'd almost think a slip-joint would be prudent somewhere to account for the expansion and then contraction. What do y'all say???

I've had the same thought. I am using a single expandable piece of simpson double wall between stove and seiling and I want the pipe tight when cold. It must expand a little when hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.