1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Stove Blower Control

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by wood burning cop, Jan 3, 2013.

1. wood burning cop

wood burning cop New Member

Loc:
    northern indiana
    my stove has a blower, but it is not automatic. i would like to buy one of the products that i can plug it into and mount to the stove so it turns on and off when the stove gets hot and cold. I looked on this site and could only find one that is around $65. does anyone know of a cheaper one and have a name or link to it. I know it would be cheap to just splice in a thermo switch, but i dont want to mess with the wires if i dont have too. thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wood burning cop

wood burning cop New Member

Loc:
    northern indiana
  3. valley ranch

valley ranch Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ranches in Sierra Nevada mts,Calif & Nevada
    Funny, our fan is automatic, I want to twick it so I can also turn it on as i wish.

Richard

You can run a wire from the Hot, power source at the point where it inters the switch, to a sensor to the fan.
    Sensors can be had at any Temp that will turn you fan on at the you want. I'm thinking of getting one that will turn the fan on sooner.
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    The Stove Stat is worth it. My old one lasted 18 years taking the massive heat on the side of my pre-EPA overfired all the time stove.
  5. granpajohn

granpajohn Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maryland