Stove Body

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart

May 4, 2016
Arkansas
Hello,
I just joined this forum as I have started a hoby of restoring the old stoves. So far I have not had to find parts, just needed some cleaning and painting. I just bought a firetite 6400 and the body is rusted out. Its not cast iron but a heavy some what flexable black metal, like that . Can any one point me in the right direction were I can find the heat treated black metal that I can buy a sheet. or even a good original body. I have uploaded the photo but every time I click save media I loose it LOL.

Welcome, stick around and someone will point u in the right direction

Cold rolled steel and blued. Cold rolled sheet is smoother than hot rolled steel, an dis the surface you need for bluing. They didn't have the corrosion resistance of simply painting or stove blacking the outside, but hot dip bluing on the inside is better than bare steel. Back then stove pipe was much thinner and blued the same way. If you don't use it, or keep it oiled it will stay like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.