Stove Buying On Thursday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

They Call Me Pete

Burning Hunk
Nov 18, 2007
CT
After ruling out the wood stove because landlord said it more of a hassle with town and our house is set up for pellet(yes diehard wood guy) finally decided on the Quadra-Fire Castile. Fits our needs as we live in a small remodeled lake house. We wanted something that looked a bit more like a wood stove to go with our old school feildstone fireplace surround. My guess rocks can from property when they built the house. Already called one stove shop but want to see what the one 1/2 mile from me is on price.

Look at it this way ... they're just really small logs;lol How big is the house? Fireplace central so you have fairly good heat distribution? Are you springing for the stove or the landlord? Congrats on the upcoming acquisition!

You'll have to leave your wood cutting and splitting for the fire pit or make donations to the local program that provides firewood to the low income...

Reactions: bogieb
House is about 900 sq ft roughly and chimney is centrally located in the house. We are buying it for two reasons. 1, I like sitting by a stove in the winter ;lol and 2, house has electric heat and if this winter is like last one we'd prob go broke trying to heat house. We don't mind buying it because we can take it with us or offer it to the landlord but I have a feeling we'll be the new "landlords". We like the house a lot being across from the lake and the town. Best part our landlords are looking to sell the house at some point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.