Stove choices..Thinking about an Englander NC30 or a ds machine 110. Overnight burn time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get back to the OP's question. Personally I would consider getting the 30NC and putting the savings into improving the house sealing. $1000 can buy a lot of caulking material and even some more insulation. Tightening up the house is a win-win solution. You'll burn less fuel and be more comfortable.
Part of my thought process as well, begreen. I am slowly remodeling as I can and am reinsulating as I go. I guess I dont really expect the unit to still be producing usable heat when I get home, just enough coals for an easy restart to get it going good before I head off for bed(I'm a 2nd shifter).

Good going. Insulating and sealing is going to provide the best payback. I can't say how well the stove will work with slab wood, but outside of that it sounds like a good plan.

Spam if I have my wonderstoves right my old king stove is pretty much the same. I can get 10-12 hr burns with good oak down to around 10°, 12 with hedge in the Mansfield which is slightly smaller than the 30. I think it'll work for you but I've never burned any slab wood.

Go to homedepot.com then change your local store to Bristol, VA 24202. In mid-March I ordered an NC-30 for $649 plus $99 shipping. It arrived on March 25. The blower was missing. Called HD. The blower arrived a week later. https://www.hearth.com/forums/index.php?threads/englander-nc30-deal-ordered.3285/ Some guy ordered an NC-30 from an HD in Tenn. He took pictures. My NC-30 has exactly the same "damaged" firebrick. He installed his 30. My 30 will not be installed until Sept. My 30 arrived with paint missing from an area about half the size of my little finger. I speculate that the great price is due to some minor blemish.

Thanks for this info!!! I just ordered a $649 NC30 to replace my old Earthstove. Can't wait to use it next winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.