Stove Chow Cardboard

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet-King

Minister of Fire
Nov 30, 2008
Northern Ct
20141219_171816.jpg

As I was pouring a bag found this decent size check of cardboard, like the thin stuff they use on the top of the pallet before pellets get stacked, would of been a auger clogger.

Only because I'm sort of not young, it's awkward for me to lift a whole bag of pellets up to the hopper and just pour it in. I drop the bag into a plastic bin, slice the bag and let the pellets fall into the bin. From there I use a cheap plastic colander to scoop up pellets and drop them in the hopper. Looking at that photo, it seems like there might be other benefits to the method I use - aside from me not tweaking my neck or shoulder one more time.

decent size check of cardboard,

Hearth.com has an extensive list from members. I'm going to add this to my list of foreign things found in bags of pellets, alongside: nuts, bolts, rocks, wood chunks, car keys, plastic parts, etc. I estimate that i've burned between 17 and 20 tons of pellets - guess that's atleast 850 bags and found nothing but pellets so far. Guess i've been lucky?

Gotta go, I think I hear my auger grinding?....

I've been burning pellet's since 1998, first time i found a "prize", have read many stories here over the years what other's have found

A winning lottery ticket or a nice bauble like a diamond or ruby would be real nice to find.....

30 years + at 4-5 ton a year and nothing, thats a minimum of 120 tons or 6000 bags, give or take....
(now that I added it all up, it makes me tired...)

Still looking for the finger lost by a plant worker?

Reactions: funflyer
Status
Not open for further replies.