Stove Chow Jamming my 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msh227

Nov 20, 2010
Eastern PA
Has anyone else had this issue?

Last year I burned 1 ton of chows and was happy with them. Bought my 1st ton this season and ended up with a jammed auger every 5-6 bags. My stove will burn anything and all pellets that I have tried keep my house plenty warm. But I noticed that the chow pellets are super long 2"+ in some cases and are jamming in the shaft connecting the top auger shaft to lower auger shaft.

I just recently burned a few bags of Hamers, Presto logs, Clean Energy, and even Cheat River and found that all of them had smaller sized pellets than the Stove Chows. Out of the 4 brands I had a total of 28 bags and my stove didn't jam once.

I'm glad that I have figured out why my stove was jamming, now I just hope HD and Lowes continue to carry other brands besides cheat river and stove chow.

Any other 25-PDVC users experience this with their stoves?

Don't have the same stove, but of the 4 tons of Stove Chow I've burned so far, haven't seen any pellets pushing 2"! Just average-sized stuff in mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.