stove chow or fireside ultra. which would you use now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STANG32

Aug 18, 2010
CT
i purchased 6 tons in october & 1 ton was water logged, they swapped it out for firesides
i have a ton of firesides, & 2 tons of stove chow left. which do you think gives off more heat or are they both similar?I have used the stove chow all winter waiting for the real cold weather to kick in but have been very happy with the heat situaiton in my house. been 68-72 all winter long @ setting 2-3 on my breckwell. I thought i would hold the firesides for the real cold snap which never happened. chances are I will have a lot of pellets left this year, with spring less than a month away, dont see them being used so which would you keep for the real cold time?

I have burned both, And couldn't tell much of a difference from either. Pretty close in heat and ash content.

j-takeman said:
I have burned both, And couldn't tell much of a difference from either. Pretty close in heat and ash content.

Me too. Decent pellet for the money. They are both manufactured by Premier Pellet.

I am using Chows now and they are great. My local HD is carrying Green Supremes now, I will go and pick up some bags tomorrow.

wel i have been burning the firesides since thursday & my house has never been colder. same setting I used all winter, the house is @ 64 whereas with the stove chow, the house was @ 68 just last week.
I will continue the firesides for the time being to get rid of them since it is not that cold out but I am really not happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.