Stove Chow wood pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was burning my leftover Omalleys to use them up. But it started to get pretty cold. I dumped in some of the stovechow and was amazed at the heat difference. They aint no shoulder pellet! :)

Went to Lowes the other evening and picked up a few bags of Stove Chow. I'm into the third bag and these pellets are decent. They seem to put out pretty good heat. Ash seems to be not too bad. At 3.92 a bag does not sound like a bad deal. There wasn't anybody around to get a price per ton from so that I don't know. Sounds like a good spot for one of those 10% coupons. I don't think the boss would like it too much if I came home with more pellets. Oh well. LOL--------------

The Radiator said:
I don't think the boss would like it too much if I came home with more pellets. Oh well. LOL--------------

:lol: I'm in the same boat! If she even thinks I am checking out the pellets. I get whacked! Once the Holidays are over. And the prices are still like this? Hmmmm :cheese:

Glad to hear all this about Stove Chow - I tried a couple of bags last year and they were terrible - stunk, barely burned, and had a lot of black ash all over the place. Clinkers too. They were a big step down from Lignetics. Maybe they were mis-handled or a bad lot.

So, I am game for re-trying them; my Lowes has a dozen or so pallets of them; price is $4.38 a bag.

As an aside, they also had Greene Team - impressed with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.