stove cleaning finally! LOL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim H.

Feeling the Heat
I actually started tearing into it finally! insides done, now to pull away from the chimney/wall to get to the fans and everything in the back....then I'll hit the chimney cleaning......burning is getting close! A little over 2 tons, we are ready!

Jim

Jim,
Just think you are starting before me!
Been a busy Summer!!
I will get mine done in the next couple of weeks.
Also have 4 tons to put in the basement.

Attachments

• Pellets 2010.jpg
    Pellets 2010.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 260
I just did the rear of the stove, exhaust fan was pretty clean! there was a decent build up of ash in the pipe going into the wall....now tomorrow morning will be the chimney! I just tried my cordless drill on the brush extensions and it will fit....so I will do a section at a time and use the drill and really hone the chimney! Not ready mentally for winter, but physically ready!

I plan on cleaning my St. Croix tomorrow... we did a living room remodel in late february until early April so my heating season was cut short. I had to un-install my stove to make room for furniture that was in the living room.

It's been sitting on my porch all spring and summer... looks kinda tired and worn out right now. needs a little paint work and a good suck job with my leafblower again... should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.