Stove for sale on Craigslist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cooking pans on the wall look clean.

Reactions: johnny1720
Yeah really, you can buy that stove from am/FM for 200 less and get a full warranty

If one takes a look at the whole picture the home appears to be in a major state of remodel, I hope, with the unpainted sheetrock and they now have a new central heat source.

This one wins "pellet stove install of the year" award. :p

He's obviously proud of the install (from the amount of repetitious pictures). Hope he had the new 'furnace' professionally installed........

Somehow, I doubt it.

I'd offer him no more than 5 'C' notes for the stove and the venting. He could keep the 'hearth pad'...lol

People have absolutely no idea about the concept of depreciation.

I bolded your comment. People in general have no idea about much of anything today it seems.....

I wonder if he would sell the hearth pad separately.

Hmmmm, I wonder what he was using for piping last year? Perhaps using a dryer vent started the fire that made it necessary to gut the house, if it is in fact gutted.

Reactions: tjnamtiw
People have absolutely no idea about the concept of depreciation

I suspect that the house has been like that for several years. He had another post with a variety of things for sale including a pellet furnace (Traeger?).

And I'm confident that the new furnace was self installed as well.

Venting a new furnace is very easy with pvc pipe but the proper hookup of gas is what would concern me. I have done it but had a pro come and inspect and tested everything before turning on the gas.

Another epic install. Are these people to cheap or stupid to care about their families. No wonder everybody's insurance rates have been going up.

Hes used 4 inch pipe its possible the exhaust goes up outside above the window. Other then the hooky looking window setup which may be ok I dont see anything else wrong.

Crazy as it sounds, that is an "avg" install that I would see here. I've seen much worst.

Here's another pellet stove install they didn't know why they were having issues....since it was "professionally" installed

Internal Vent Pipe1.jpeg Internal Vent Pipe4.jpeg

Got to love the spin damper in the pipe of the pellet stove.

When I do training I call this one the TINMAN install

Think I lost my appetite for breakfast with those pictures.

:eek: Oh my, why am I hearing dueling banjo's?

All I have to say is Owen can come up with some dooozies..... At least the pipe joints weren't leaking........

Status
Not open for further replies.