Stove freindly curtains

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiver

Jan 28, 2011
Western Ma
I have a ton of windows in my home and I am looking for the special place to put my new stove. Does anyone have any information or links to a curtain that is safe near a stove?? I do not plan on having any window dressing touch the stove or pipes, I am just a bit fire phobic.

Thanks

fire phobic is good! I don't think the curtain is so much the issue as is following the installation guidelines which clearly tell you how far anything should be from the back, sides and top of the stove. This distances should be a minimum to any other surface. I would be very concerned about anything such as a curtain which is easily moved. Remember, most flammable surfaces become more flammable with prolonged exposure to heat. Keep within the installation instructions and you should be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.