Stove glass protectant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnykid

May 6, 2008
Next to a lake in NH
Anyone have any ideas of how to keep the glass clean while burning? Maybe something that can be applied to not let the shmeg from the not so seasoned pieces stain the glass.

It cleans of easily but I would like to prevent it from getting there.

hotter and drier.

Absolutely. It's called "ShmegAway", and I can arrange to have a case shipped to you...unless you'd prefer the medium strength formula "Shmeg-B-Gon". But, then, maybe you want the ultimate solution "ShmegNoMore". A bit more expensive, but well worth it, believe me. Please visit us online at: ridmeofmyshmegrightnow.com See you soon, looking forward to your order. Rick

yes I know hotter and dryer but sometimes the wood isn't at optimum burning state so i get some shmeg on the glass. Just didn't know if there was anything other than the full line of anti-shmeg that fossil is selling.

Nothing I've ever heard of (or can imagine) that you'd want to put on the inside of the glass of a woodstove. The inside of the glass isn't gonna stay crystal clear all the time, no matter what you do. Burning seasoned wood, burning hot sometimes, keeping the wood (especially the ends of splits) away from the glass...these kinds of things help. Some stoves/inserts have more effective airwash systems than others. The glass in my little CFM shop stove seems to stay cleaner than the glass in my Lopi in the house. I just take advantage of opportunities when the stove's cool to clean the glass. Let's not even get into how we do that, it's a dead horse. Skinny, you'll figger it out, I'm sure of it. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.