stove goes off after initial lit up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ7960

Dec 8, 2008
Upstate NY
aol
Hi all,
I know this has been answered here but I forgot the answer. My pellet stove goes off after 15 minutes. It is a Whitfield Traditions 11. I have completely cleaned all fans and pipes. Thanks.

Do a search..."Whitfield Traditions ". You'll get some results

does your stove continue to feed pellets after 15 minutes or does it starve for fuel & then go out?
You may want to look at the auger motor or its control circuits.

You may want to put a 110 volt indicator across the auger motor terminals , after unplugging the stove so you dont get a shock, and then see if the auger motor stops recieving intermitant voltage pulses after 15 minutes.

a normal auger motor will recieve a voltage & opperate for about 10 seconds & then no voltage & no opperation for the next 10 seconds, then opperate for 10 seconds & be off for 10 seconds.

The seconds(off/on intervals) will vary from stove to stove and also vary with feed rate settings
but should always be present. If they stop, the auger wont feed pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.