Stove goes to high when there is a momentary power loss.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdgreen

Jan 13, 2012
Western Maryland
Whenever there is a quick off and on off power, which I seem to have quite often, my stove goes to the high level when it comes back on. Is there anything I can do to prevent this. If the power is off for say at least a minute I am okay, because I then have to start it myself.

I hope, at least, you have a surge protector on it. Your best option would be a UPS as it would eliminate your problem entirely.

That's odd, Most go to the lowest heat setting. What stove do you own? Best to put that info in your sig or we will keep asking.

john97 is right on the money. a UPS is great for power interuptions. I'm in the market for one too! ;-)

Whats the stove? A Quad (not an AE) may want to go through its start-up process again. So it would seem as if its on High.

There should be a table in the manual for your stove telling you what it does when power comes on after it has lost power. Not all stoves act the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.