Stove Gripes?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Midwest
Well, I happened to see the 'best stove in the world' thread and it reminded me of something I've been thinking of for a while. I'd like to hear what you hate the most about your stove. You don't have to give the name or mfr if you don't want to but I'm curious what features you don't like, wish were better or don't work the way you thought, or something you wish the stove had. I'll put mine up after a while, but don't want to bias the thread right off the bat.

Corey

Well, after reading Elk's posts I guess I wish that the 30-NC had a cat combustor, thermostatically controlled secondary air and a built-in air compressor and Shop-Vac.

Edit: And wheels to roll it outside with.

That outside wood heat thing I saw down by the lake. I saw smoke 12 feet off the ground 15 feet from the side of the house through trees. Yep a outside wood furnace close to the home venting below the windows on the second floor. I thought the house was on fire!!

Roospike said:
One thing you would change about your current stove. thread

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/5976/

Like this? or are you looking for something specific?

Yeah - Just like that! I wondered where I came up with that idea! Guess I let a few threads get away from me. Oh well, no need to double post - close or lock this one if you wish and we'll just post under that one.

who needs wheels with a pallet jack, engine hoist ,and a backhoe plus 4 air cmpressors and a couple shop vacs.
I wish I could get burn times like a PE sumit or po man NC-30. I wish it was a Defiant so I would not have to shorten splits

I wish my intrepid was more modern and had the larger viewing glass, I wish I could afford one ,Instead of squeezing every ounce out of a 20 year old stove
I wish My encore were any color but forest green. I wish I had placed my flue outlet higher, so that I could have had stove choices, especially top exit ones

Status
Not open for further replies.