stove hot!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suzie1970

Oct 28, 2008
Hartland, Maine
Hi there, my englander 25 PDV is getting really hot on the front part of the stove. The hopper is okay, it's infront of that. I remember last year it was warm, but this year I can't even put my hand on it. The unit doesn't shut down. I cleaned the blowers, and I do believe there is one more that needs to be cleaned, which I hope will happen in the next couple of days.

Any suggestions around why it is getting REALLY hot on the top and front???????

Thanks
Sue

Is it hot when the stove is on low? How long to go through a 40lb bag of pellets when the stove is on low?

Suzie, check outside vent pipe . Mine got really hot on the sides & when i cleaned out the vent exhaust pipe with a flue brush,you can use a bowl brush, i found a heck of a lot of caked up soot & it made a difference in burning efficency Good luck Muss

Could be normal. My Quad will get hotter than when on other than low. Also the quality of pellet may make it burn hotter.

The front of my Mini is very hot! the top gets hot if the blower is off

The top and front (not hopper part) gets hot like checking to see if your iron is hot enough. Sounds normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.