1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Stove I Spotted

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by jlow, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jlow

jlow Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Sterling Heights, Michigan
    I am currently in Southwest Germany and the other day we had cake and coffee in a little cafe. They loaded this baby up and I wondered about its' history. It definitely did not have to heat a lot of square footage. It is snowing here like crazy and the trains and airports have been closed at times. I miss the mild Michigan climate!!! :)

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Looks like a Jotul 606. Nice little heater. Good to see it is still doing the job well.
  3. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    It is a 606, I had one and it heated very well. Not very many of them in use here in the States.

Attached Files:

4. katwillny

katwillny Guest

Is that thing EPA approved? %-P
  5. Renovation

Renovation New Member

Loc:
    SW MI near Saugatuck
    Good point!

I was just thinking how pretty it is, and wondering why we don't see more here. :)
  6. Mad Tom

Mad Tom Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    cool looking stove
  7. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    I love that stove!
  8. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Is this close enough? It's a Morso, and its a current model.
    [​IMG]
  9. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    Yes! That would be a nice addition to my kitchen.
  10. sauer

sauer New Member

Loc:
    SE WI
    I seen one of them on cl a little while back for three hundred. Should have jumped on it. I already have to many stoves and not enough flues. Im not a big fan of the pre-epa but this one is classy
  11. VCBurner

VCBurner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Templeton, MA
    There's one on Ebay in mint condition. Nice looking stoves. It has rear or side exhaust too.

Attached Files:

12. Fsappo

Fsappo New Member

Loc:
    Central NY
    Not epa approved, but a classic for sure. I would burn one if I could..just because.
  13. VCBurner

VCBurner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Templeton, MA
    I hear you on the EPA, this one is from the 70's, I don't know when they stopped making them. It probably has a baffle system like the old 602, right? I can imagine that heat exchanger throwing out some major heat though. Just cool to see these classic stoves with the huge heat exchanger on top, my favorite ones are the Morso and the Lange. There's one in the Hearth pic gallery with two or three of those exchangers on it.
  14. peakbagger

peakbagger Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern NH
    I have one in my basement stored away. They were only sold in the US for only a couple of seasons. They were intended to be run with small loads constantly without damping them down significantly. If they were run in the "load with green wood and then close the damper mode", the heat exchanger would clog up with creosote in weeks. The same folks who ran them that way didnt clean them so they tended to have chimney fires. I think Jotul stopped selling them as it was easier than educating the buyers. If run properly with small loads of dry wood with reasonable damper opening, they are great stoves. I just wish I could find a manual for mine.
  15. 98dingo

98dingo New Member

Loc:
    Shawano, WI
    My buddy has one of those sitting in his garage. He used it to heat his house before getting a wood burning furnace.
  16. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    That's just what I need right now; A stove with a wood-drying feature! :lol: