Stove ID for a friend in Canada: Found brand Cascade/Triumph, still happy to hear thoughts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

delp

Hearth Supporter
Jan 6, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
Greetings,

A good friend purchased a cabin in northern Ontario this summer and it has a wood burning stove.

I'm helping her (via email) burn safely and efficiently.

It'd be great if anyone knows what stove this is and if an upgrade to a newer one is advisable.

Thanks for all your help and ideas!

Attachments

• IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,065
  • IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,015
There should be a testing label on the back of the stove that may identify it.

There should be a testing label on the back of the stove that may identify it.

Indeed, thanks, Begreen. Just received a photo of the label. It says, Triumph/Cascade and is manufactured in Canada. Unfortunately, I can't make out the date on lower right.

I've only just started to Google around for that manufacturer, so if anyone can still offer any info., it would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 432
That helps. It's not a common stove. A better picture of the label would provide more needed info. Most importantly the stove should honor the clearances listed on that label. If the stove, stove pipe and chimney are properly installed then it should be okay for occasional usage in the cabin.

There have been a couple mentions of this stove company in the past here, by MovingOffGrid
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/best-epa-drafting-stove-for-masonry-chimney.28875/
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ool-down-overheating-stove.29822/#post-392269

Status
Not open for further replies.