Stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like an englander 30 that has been smouldered a ton, just like the one I picked up for 400 bucks 1 year used >>

Get that wood seasoned so you can get better results that the guy who's selling it!

It doesn't look like the stove was overfired since the paint still looks decent (assuming it is original). Also, the ton of soot built up on the glass also makes me think this stove was probably not overfired regularly.

The baffle boards on these stoves are a week spot if an operator bangs them with logs or is crazy with a poker. If those are in good shape, and the stove is close, 400 is a good deal to me. If it needs new baffle boards, I think they are about 60 a side for the originals.

Also, wouldn't hurt to ask that all the secondary burn tubes (on the top along the baffle) are straight and in good shape.

If I remember, the guy I bought my stove from wanted 450. I went there with 400 dollars cash and said that's all the ATM lets me take out in a day, and he took it. Doesn't hurt to see how firm he is in price. Even though I'd pay 400 for it in good shape, it may be possible to do a bit better with a motivated seller.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.