Stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern burner

Dec 16, 2016
Georgia
This is a two part question. I have a fireplace insert that I recently bought from an older man. It needed some work so I feverishly sanded and painted to get it up to par. Once I got it cleaned up and ready to install I started wondering about its history. The man I bought it from said he had it made by a person that worked at Craft stoves. It however does not carry the Craft brand on the doors. This is my first question: on the door of the heater it says, "Stovall foundry" smaller letters "Hot box" and then "since 1946". Has anyone heard of this stove?

Second question is: on this stove, the blower box has a tube where the air comes out. This was pushed into the hole on the side of the stove. It doesn't seem to secure and would easily get knocked out of said hole really quick by my children. The hole is 4" across. Is there a boot that can be screwed over the hole to which I can hooked a 4" metal piping to and then hook onto my blower to keep it away from the heat. Sorry it got so long winded. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 122
It looks like there is still a Stovall Foundry in NC.

STOVALL FOUNDRY, INC.
(704) 864-5481
2306 Hwy. 321 S.
Gastonia, North Carolina, USA 28053

Status
Not open for further replies.