Stove identification w/out pics.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

logger

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2009
Pine Barrens, NJ
Sorry all, no pics for this, but hopefully someone here knows their stoves well enough. A buddy of mine just bought a house and it came with an old stove. He only sent me a pic on a cell phone. Its a matte black stove on four legs. Looks like an old dutchwest, but the only difference I see is that the top of his stove is shaped upwards like a half oval, making it impossible to place a steamer on. It and has two glass doors in the front that open out. Under the doors are two air levels. There is no ashpan so ashes are sweeped out. No name or stamp anywhere.. any ideas?

I saw one like that on Craigslist fairly recently but don't know the name.
Federal Airtight stoves resemble Consolidated dutchwest stoves though if that helps. ANd the old Vermont Castings Resolute has a curved sort of top, but it does have a flat at the top.

logger said:
BeGreen said:
Hard to say without a picture, but it sounds a bit like a Quaker stove.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/6769/

There she is.. thanks BeGreen. I knew one of the connoiseurs would know. My buddy seems to like it for now. Any idea if they are decent stoves? I've never heard of them before.

I've never seen one other than here. Search on Quaker stove here for more reports. They seem like they were quite a nice stove for it's day.

Status
Not open for further replies.