Stove identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tenontusk

Dec 26, 2016
Michigan
AB10C0DD-2A13-4230-A7E7-AEBCA19880FD.JPG
Hi all, newbie here. I am looking for help identifying a wood stove I bought last week. It has no name on it, has a diamond cast in the door, has the words "no 250" on one side of the top and "duplex" on the other. The 7" covers have what looks like the letters MSR co on it.

Thanks for any help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A bunch of foundries made those stoves over the decades. Some in China still do. Pretty much you put wood in it and burn it. If you are going to actually do that make sure that it is sitting at least 36" from anything combustible. And that you have a safe chimney. Which if gonna cost ya a ton more than that old dog did.

If the plan is to sell it, it is worth scrap cast iron weight per pound.

No idea, sorry. The double front door design is unusual. Based on the look I would guess it is a "newer" parlor stove, maybe from the early 1900s? The style has accents that hint at trying to be more modern for the times. The front face is odd. It looks like it had tiles, or a porcelain plate of some sort around the inner door. If so, that may have had the name on it.

Is there a fixed grate at the bottom of the firebox or a shaker grate?

The grate is removable, just sits on a ledge. I guess I won't worry to much about the make or model then. Must be some off brand or odd one.

Thanks guys!