Stove Install Pellet Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkins

Minister of Fire
Mar 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
I am looking for help in what pipe I can use for my install. I need to stay as close to the back of the stove as possible. The wall between the stove and the other side of the pipe is a granite fireplace wall which is probably 6" thick before getting to the framing of the house. I am venting the stove into a tile chimney after going thru the damper , which has been removed. I need to go out of the T straight up about 30" and put in a 45 and go with straight pipe, at a 45 degree angle thru the damper and into the chimney.

I've read the only post I could find about not using a single wall pipe. What is available in the form of a T and then some form of an adjustable 30" length of pipe to get to the 45? I've got 4 1/2" from the back of the stove to the granite. I saw a T at a stove shop that only needed 4 1/2" to the backside but don't know the make of the pipe, or if it was single or double wall. I guess it was double wall from what the other topic was saying. Any suggestions?

David

Attachments

• 163_6376.JPG
    163_6376.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 163_6379.JPG
    163_6379.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 221
Use a 3" SS flexpipe kit, pellet stoves dont need double wall pipe, seen stoves that vent straight out thru wall to outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.