Stove Installation Prices--Sticker Shock?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Show is in Atlanta next year - not that far south from Virginie...... maybe we could get you in "live".

Sorry to hear about moving the date up....dang, I thought we'd have to move it the other way based on your wood chopping, etc. - I'm feeling a bit under the weather myself.....the BP was 150/100 at rest last week.......sort of scared to dig further (and can't find my home BP tester).

If we get Englander to do the job, we'll need Elk with the Backhoe to lift it!

We can definitely get some free SUPER CEDARS.......keep the smell nice...

Oh, I better stop there.......gallows humor strikes again.

Corie said:
hahahahahahaha

you're a friggin riot BB.

Looking forward to meeting for lunch more and more.

Think we could get some secondary burn off that coffin? Or do you want me to set up a catalytic combustor?

Ain't gonna be no stinkin cat in my box!

Corie said:
That sounds local to myself, warren and any other hudson valley, pike county PA folk.

Let's set a date and save you some green.

Oh and elk don't worry. Hogz will be doing anything that resembles work. I'm merely there for moral support and visual stimulation.

I'm too lazy to read the mega query # 432... Where is the house?

I was thinking that Alanta is a lot closer the maybe i could do a code seminar. don't know if I could keep up with you party animals I mean 2 beers is usually a big night for me

I know what would really seal the deal getting me on Agusta CC..

Ps I get all the age jokes concerning BB but Im not ready to toss it in yet.

My wife who woirks in the medical field has me taking every possible medical test last year the stress test then the colon test where they sedated me.
this is the funniest one a hearing test she claims I never hear what she is saying ( we guys know it is called selective hearing) 30 years of yapping and honey do list will do it to you.
this year EKG or something like that wires v connected all over me And I will not post my BP to make craig feel bad but I can tell you it took four test form 4 different testers to confirm it.
I almost had to pull out the driver's licence to prove my age. Active construction is the best medicine. Who needs a gym when you can get people to pay you to excersise?

I need to work on the colesterol count slightly below 200 but Ellen has eliminated most red meat. Boy would I like a juicie bacon cheese burger or two .

Ever have those vegie burgers I told Ellen I eat sawdust all day I'm not about to eat more for supper Sorry Craig they don't make it for me I do eat vefgies and a lot of salads

Did she kick the dairy?

I think if you knock dairy out and try to use cholesterol free cooking oils, you can keep lean red meat in your diet, imo.

Elk:
You hit keys better when you're on a rant. I didn't have to think what is the left and right keys on this one. Get you excited and you get accurate. Good on you.

elkimmeg said:
I was thinking that Alanta is a lot closer the maybe i could do a code seminar. don't know if I could keep up with you party animals I mean 2 beers is usually a big night for me

I know what would really seal the deal getting me on Agusta CC..

Ps I get all the age jokes concerning BB but Im not ready to toss it in yet.

My wife who woirks in the medical field has me taking every possible medical test last year the stress test then the colon test where they sedated me.
this is the funniest one a hearing test she claims I never hear what she is saying ( we guys know it is called selective hearing) 30 years of yapping and honey do list will do it to you.
this year EKG or something like that wires v connected all over me And I will not post my BP to make craig feel bad but I can tell you it took four test form 4 different testers to confirm it.
I almost had to pull out the driver's licence to prove my age. Active construction is the best medicine. Who needs a gym when you can get people to pay you to excersise?

I need to work on the colesterol count slightly below 200 but Ellen has eliminated most red meat. Boy would I like a juicie bacon cheese burger or two .

Ever have those vegie burgers I told Ellen I eat sawdust all day I'm not about to eat more for supper Sorry Craig they don't make it for me I do eat vefgies and a lot of salads

Milk 1% or skim no cheese and I fear with warmer weather approaching no ice cream. She tells me I don't get enough excersise and work does not count
she takes classes and runs. Running never did anything for me unless I was carring a football. Everytime we bike I can leave her miles behind same with x country sking but what good does that do since we are doing something together. For those that have not reached this stage in life, your wife is your best friend. To keep it that way separate space or time is important.
She shows she cares by trying to keep me healthy. 30 plus years the relationship is not a fluke

I have geneticallly high cholesterol on both sides of the family. I have tried exercise, veggie diet, fasting, you name it. The numbers stayed up there. And my wife is a very good (and tolerant) professsional chef that specializes in making healthy food taste good. Nothing worked completely, but Lipitor helped. Then my levels mysteriously rose again. This time I examined everything - dairy, nope. It ended up being transfats. They are everywhere. You'll see a lot of companies hurriedly switching away from them, but the labels don't have to report sub-product trans-fat levels. I was getting it in crackers, fake butters, Oreos and other cookies, cereals like Honey Bunches of Oats that have nuggeted clusters, etc. Once I elimimated them from my diet, my numbers came down and so far are staying down. Stay away from anything you suspect has hydrogenated fats too. I can have a moderate level of dairy now and all is well, cheese and eggs included.

BG:
The closer to nature the better the food, for many people. I have a tolerant system, but two days ago I splurged and took Barbara to breakfast. Nice tasty omelette, but half way through the salt and processed meat got to me. I am not a screaming veggie-head, don't ban anything from my diet, even like pizza. But if it's created in a test tube, I don't like it. Eat at fast food places, but don't eat deep fried, like baked goods, but won't eat pastries, non-whole grained bread, and don't do well with preservatives.

Granted I drink like a fish, Canadian and water is part of my diet, but I no longer tolerate beer, whether brewed locally or in the big plants. Like baked potatoes with butter, cheese on my grilled cheese and prairie grain bread, semalina pasta with my marinara sauce. If it gives me a head ache, or stomach ache after eating it, I don't do it again.

This all came when I raced, bikes and running. I can't do either, but ..... has kept me from a lot of the digestive problems my peers have.

Both my brothers have colesteral problems and high blood pressure. I take after my grandfather, everything in moderation. They do some excesses.

Great that you have someone to jump your frame and keep you honest.
BeGreen said:
I have geneticallly high cholesterol on both sides of the family. I have tried exercise, veggie diet, fasting, you name it. The numbers stayed up there. And my wife is a very good (and tolerant) professsional chef that specializes in making healthy food taste good. Nothing worked completely, but Lipitor helped. Then my levels mysteriously rose again. This time I examined everything - dairy, nope. It ended up being transfats. They are everywhere. You'll see a lot of companies hurriedly switching away from them, but the labels don't have to report sub-product trans-fat levels. I was getting it in crackers, fake butters, Oreos and other cookies, cereals like Honey Bunches of Oats that have nuggeted clusters, etc. Once I elimimated them from my diet, my numbers came down and so far are staying down. Stay away from anything you suspect has hydrogenated fats too. I can have a moderate level of dairy now and all is well, cheese and eggs included.

In the year 2525 if man is still alive Tp gets his stove installed but the rest of are not here to read the post.

Ill will throw in my 2 cents! hopefully tommorrow i will have my harman insert wood stove put in.Here is a break down of cost.
Harman exception wood stove insert $1839 (blower included)
Gold door kit $138
trim around insert $178
6*25' s/s flex kit $500
Labor $425
Discount! -$200 (end of season)
Total with tax aprox $3000

I shopped at one other dealer who was a few hundred dollors more.
South Central Ct area.

Status
Not open for further replies.