Stove is finally here - but time is not

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundeep Arole

Nov 18, 2005
Framingham, MA
After going through quite a circus - I finally have a stove, and it is in my house. However, now there is no time to fool with it and enjoy it with major crunch time at work. No joy from unwrapping the new toy the day it arrives and playing with it right away - getting this one installed is going to take a couple more weeks at least. What a bummer :-(.

Oh wow, serious bummer.

What kinda stove did ya get? Let's hear the details!!!

HotFlame,

I know what you saying about lack of time. Same thing, likely just a different company. ;)

Warren - in the end I wound up with a Lopi Answer - which is the model I originally researched had bought in August. The dealer I bought it from originally jerked me around for quite a while, until I finally got tired of his crap and wrote a letter asking for my money back in Deember before going away on vacation. The dealer agreed to refund the money, but when I got back I found that my card had not been credited and went to the store to ask about. Finally got to speak to the owner then, he apologized, owned up to his mistake, and offerred me a new unit he had in the store for the same price I had paid (which was considerably less than a new one). I figured he was sincere, and everyone deserves a second chance in my book, so I took the stove.

Unfortunately, being on vacation for a few weeks doesn't mean that the work is gone - still has to be done. I've been spending most of my time catching up - and product has to be shipped in Feb, so it is now crunch time. The stove has been in the fireplace opening for a few days, and I had already installed the liner in the summer, but the liner doesn't align with the outlet and isn't flexible enough to come at the required angle. To do this I most likely have to cut out more of my damper frame, and remove a couple of bricks from the smoke shelf - a project that is going to have to wait a while as I have no time to devote to it right now. That has me a bit bummed - as mmy idea was to put it in, connect it up, and get it going! But life isn't always that simple.

I'm glad this is a job I didn't pay the installer to do. When I wen't back to the store and asked their installer how he would install this, his recommendation was that I cut the liner above the damper frame and use a oval liner piece to go through and oval to round adapters to connet to the stove and the round liner on top. I don't need to say any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.