Stove last week, AC this week.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gibson

Apr 29, 2008
Lincoln, RI
Had the AC on two days, one night this week. Wednesday night was one of the most humid all year. Mowed the lawn yesterday in a T-shirt and shorts. Still no killing frost here with November rolling in. Burned about five fires this year so far. That's a good thing.

Gorgeous 80 degree breezy day here yesterday. First freeze coming tonight. Stove is ticking along.

Sen. John Blutarsky said:
Wednesday night was one of the most humid all year. Still no killing frost here with November rolling in. .

Same here. Strange weather. When I compare weather with my mom in RI we are always very similar.
We're cold tonight.

I'm asking the PE to heat the whole house tonight, I think it's up to it. Amazing what dry wood can do.

Going down to 35F ish here in Icey Hollow, one more poinsettia to bring in. Firewoods already in :)

Ash can empty, and ready to fill.

Game on.

At 40deg here now, sustained 45 throughout the day today. 38 for the low tonight. Cold start fire is in progress, bring it on old man winter, im ready this year!

Lower 30s/upper 20s tonight. Got some small red oak splits rolling in the Endeavor right now with the blower on low. Dry wood does indeed make all the difference. I have to dial the stove back way earlier with dry wood (especially with dry, smallish splits). In the early off gasing stage I got that bowels of Hades effect on this load. That will never cease to fascinate me.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
Sen. John Blutarsky said:
Wednesday night was one of the most humid all year. Still no killing frost here with November rolling in. .

Same here. Strange weather. When I compare weather with my mom in RI we are always very similar.
We're cold tonight.

Yep. Most of the time weather comes across the Tennessee valley to NC and turns North right up the coast. My sister in Texas can usually give me an idea of what we have coming three days in advance.

I hear ya Pagey. I decided late to burn the coaling load so I had to do a hot reload for the night splits. Real art to doing that without ending up with a puddle of molten metal on the hearth.

I split smaller than most people, as it makes loading a 2.2 cubic foot fire box easier when you really need to pack it in for the winter. However, combine smaller splits with an unseasonably hot/dry summer, and you get some spectacularly dry wood. Some of my beetle kill pine will barely even register on the MM, even on a fresh split. I changed out an almost new battery thinking it was lying to me.

45 outside 68 inside. Thermostats are set at 62. No fires since last weekend. Gonna do my chimney clean this weekend and move the wood to the patio. Cold is forecasted at night this week. We've likely seen our last 70 degree day.

Been very mild here for this time of year. Still not burning 24/7 yet and its almost November. 1/2 cord at the most up in smoke. The kids dont even have to dress there Halloween costumes over there snowsuits this year.

Well, although I did not hunt this morning I can tell you that wonderful wood heat surely felt great when I came in last night! Worry not fellas, the cold air is not too far away.

~2" of snow on the ground here. Was 18* when I got up, has warmed up to 22* now.

Crazy weather here too. Cool today, but in a couple days we will be in the 60's during the day and 50's at night. I can't remember a warmer beginning of November. No frost yet. Several trees like our apricot are still in full, lush green foliage. Quite bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.