Stove Lighter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lighters I tried all sucked wind.
Propane torch is the only way to go, get the heavy duty one, TS8000 works great.

Yep, that's what I have been using for the last couple seasons...wife gave me a few strange looks the first time I used it though. :)

TS8000 is a little pricey but damn nice to use!

Do you guys keep the torch in the stove room? Not trying to troll, I just don't know where I'd put one except to be within 5 feet of the stove with my fire starters. I think it'd make me nervous.
I'm frustrated with the cheap BBQ lighters too. I tried a little Bernzomatic torch last year and it quit working in less time than the lighters do...

Next to my fire extinguisher near my kitchen - not in the same room as my insert. I would hope everyone has enough common sense to not leave a propane tank next to a stove... :)

Next to my fire extinguisher near my kitchen - not in the same room as my insert. I would hope everyone has enough common sense to not leave a propane tank next to a stove... :)

Same here, propane torch in the kitchen cabinet next to the fire extinguisher.

I just use the BBQ grille lighters for $1 each. I get a month or two from each, and always keep a few in case one just won't go. Have tried the 3 for $1 lighters but mostly they just fell apart sometimes before getting any use out of them at all. Have used the propane torch a few times but too much hassle to go get it off the outside porch every time I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.