Stove Loaction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhishman

Mar 25, 2008
roch, ny
Am going to purchase a Harmen p68. I think it is the best stove I have seen for the money. Here is the question. I have a tri-level home with an insulated and finished basement. The basic layout is basement 400 sq ft, up 7 stairs to kitchen(400sg feet) up from kitchen 3 stairs is great room (400 sq feet) the great room is above the basement the kitchen to the right of the basement on a slab. Last level are bedrooms ( not worried about heating them we like cold sleep areas. So the question, will the p68 be able to heat the living areas to about 68? if in the basement? or will I be using a hugh amount of pellets. If i put it on the 1st floor the finished basement will freeze.

Thanks
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.